Saturday, January 22, 2011

Simple and Easy Cards!

Hey guys! so I have a couple of cards to share today, both of which are really easy and simple to make! here is what the first one looks like:
I used an A2 sized card base of ivory cardstock, with a green mat at 5 1/4" by 4". I also adhered some of this really pretty K & Company paper onto the green mat that is cut 1/8" smaller on all four sides to create a really thin border of green. I stamped the sentiment "Thanks" from an American Crafts clear stamp set called "Thanks" in brown ink onto the ivory cardstock and once again layered it with the green. I added some white grosgrain ribbon and three pale green bling to finish it off. Here is the video in which I created this card:


The second card looks like this:
I used the same green cardstock left over from the first card and the same ivory cardstock as well. Once again it is an A2 sized card, the lighter cream colored cardstock is cut at 5 1/4" by 4" and the ivory cardstock is cut at 5" by 3 1/2". I ran that piece of cardstock through my Sizzix Texture Boutique with the Cuttlebug embossing folder called "Fleur de Li" and then I used my ink tool to add some color to the embossing with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The sentiment says "A Friend Always" and it is from the "Always" clear stamp set by American Crafts. I also stamped it on the same ivory cardstock and inked it with Vintage Photo as well, then I layered it onto the cream cardstock which is layered onto the green cardstock and then adhered using foam dimensional stickers.
Both of these cards are super quick and simple to make and yet they can be perfect for a quick thank you or note to cheer someone up! I hope you enjoyed them!
<3 sara

2 comments:

  1. what a WONDERFUL masculine design! I have so many men and boys I have to create cards for so I can always use an idea like this - your work is really amazing - thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Thank You card!!! This is gorgeous!!! <3

    ReplyDelete