Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Eid Mubarak Cards

Hey guys! Long time no post but I think I am alternating between youtube and this blog because I can't update both for some reason....anyway I have a couple of cards to share with you guys! :D 
 This cards are Eid Mubarak cards which are basically holiday greeting cards for the end of Ramadan celebration of Eid Al Fitr. Ramadan is a month of daily fasting that is practiced by Muslims, as some of you may know. My mom asked me to create some cards for her to send to family members for Eid so this is what I came up with :)
 This is the first card, but both cards are very similar in their layouts and I used the same paper collection (My Mind's Eye: Sunshine) for both as well. I find it much easier when making multiple cards at the same time or for the same occasion to use the same overall layout but change the patterns and smaller details up a little bit. 

 For both cards I used standard sized card bases in Kraft cardstock, with a layer of white cardstock underneath the patterned paper, of which I used two corresponding patterns in large sections. I then used an EK Success scallop border punch to punch more paper from the collection as a border between the two papers, I also added other strips of paper.

 I punched the butterflies out using the Martha Stewart butterfly punch and added some brass colored brads to the center of each before bending the wings and hot gluing them on. I used Prima flowers as well, with Momenta metallic stickers in the center of each. I used American Crafts letter stickers for the "Eid" and wrote "Mubarak" in white gel pen. I added some dashed lines in the white gel pen as an additional touch on both cards.

   I hope you guys like them and I hope the next time you have to make multiple cards for the same occasion you don't stress over what to do and simply use the same layout for all of them! :D -Sara




No comments:

Post a Comment