Friday, July 1, 2011

A Patriotic Thank You Card :)

Hey everyone! With the Fourth of July Holiday coming up for everyone in the United States, I thought this Red, White, and Blue thank you card would get the patriotic spirit pumping! haha I'm actually not so sure about that but here is the card I made using Stella&Rose: Mabel patterned Papers and a 5.5" square Kraft Cardstock base:I adhered some strips of patterned paper on the base first, and then added some lace that I won in a giveaway a while ago to the bottom. The large red polka dot baroque shape is a Tim Holtz die, which I ran through the fleur de lis cuttlebug embossing folder, and distressed with a nail file and some black ink.
The dressform is cut from the "Summer in Paris" Cricut Cartridge at 6.5". I cut the solid shape from Kraft cardstock twice, and the intricate shape from patterned paper once. I adhered the intricate shape to the solid one first using my ZIG glue pen, and then adhered that to the second solid dressform shape using foam adhesive. I also created the sentiment using a studio G ditto cling stamp set. I paper pieced the frame using three different patterned papers and also added foam dimensionals between two of the layers.
The finishing touches were some recollections flowers and a couple patriotic colored buttons.
I hope you guys like it! If you have any questions please let me know :) And be sure to check out my youtube video of this card as well as a 12 by 12 scrapbooking layout I did of Big Sur, California:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAwg3pbK5nc&feature=channel_video_title

Hope everyone is having a great summer!
<3 sara

3 comments:

  1. This is REALLY pretty Sara!! I love the lace that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an award for you on my blog - favor8favors.blogspot.com.

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. Your cards are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete